Microsoft has released an automatic tool for fixing these situations without cumbersome manual reinstallations of the .NET Framework component.
The Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool detects and attempts to fix some frequently occurring issues with the setup of or with updates to the .NET Framework. The current version 1.0 of this wizard-based tool can be used to repair corrupted Microsoft .NET Framework 4 installations (including .NET Framework 4 language packs). The version .NET Framework 4 is used in the Autodesk 2013 family. Future versions of the utility should add also other versions of .NET Frameworks.
Problems can be solved in the following operating systems:
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Windows 7
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)