Several months after the Windows version, Autodesk releases a new version of AutoCAD 2014 and AutoCAD LT 2014 for Mac. The delay was caused mainly by aligning the release with the newly supported Apple operating system OS X Maverick, as well as by technological modifications for the future, including new features in Autodesk 360 cloud and top customer requests. AutoCAD 2014 for Mac is a now the top 2D/3D CAD software for the Mac platform.
At first glance, a distinctly visible new feature in version 2014 is the display quality which benefits from the Apple Retina technology. This can be observed not only in the drawing window (geometry, texts), but also in the user interface with finer icons. Compare the same display in versions 2013 and 2014 (click for closer detail):
Besides the new features in AutoCADu 2014, AutoCAD on the Mac platform brings the following enhancements:
- enhanced hi-res display - Retina
- performance enhancements
- re-engineered Help system
- cloud synchronization of drawings with Autodesk 360
- new welcome screen with Lynda tutorials
- Package drawing (eTransmit) for easier drawing distribution
- enhanced user interface
- setting a default save-as version for drawings
- protection against malicious AutoLISP applications
- support for OS X Mavericks
AutoCAD 2014 for Mac is available worldwide in English and French.